Some archeologists believe that Stonehenge - the mysterious arrangement of enormous elongated stones in England - is actually a crude effort by the Druids to build a computing device. ~Dave Barry

Friday, September 16, 2005

The British Museum

AMAZING, OVERWHELMING, WONDERFUL, INTERESTING

The British Museum is one of the oldest, or the oldest museum in Europe.

I think you get the idea. I am very jealous of the school groups I saw in the museum today. I never had the chance to see a real mummy when I was studying world history. I didn’t even start studying world history until I was in high school, these kids were in 4th year (same as grade 3)

The Egyptian collection and the Rosetta Stone were the highlights form me. To actually see not just one mummy but almost a dozen blew my mind.

The British Museum has collection dating from prehistory to modern times. Greeks, Romans, Medieval Europe, the Renaissance, old British burial sites and everything in between. The collection is amazing!

S.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

It was greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat!!!!

5:48 a.m., September 18, 2005

 
Blogger Keith's Thoughts said...

Hey Stacey thanks for the travel guide, & welcome home

11:49 p.m., October 01, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home